MSc (Stanford), MD (McMaster)
Fellow, RoyalCollege of Physicians of Canada
Fellow, AmericanCollege of Chest Physicians
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Joined Queen’s and KGH on Dec 1, 2013.
- Ng CSH, Lau RWH, Wong RHL, Ho AMH, Wan S. Single port Vasoview® sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis: A clinical update. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques 2014; 24:32-4.
- Wong RHL, Yu SCH, Lau RWH, Wan IYP, Ng CSH, Wan S, Ho AMH, Underwood MJ. Delayed stent deformity and fracture after implantation: What do we know about the durability of Djumbodis® dissection system? Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2014; 77:e17-20.
- Ho AMH, Chui PT, Lee APW, Wan S. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy apical variant. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine 2014; 81:517-9.
- Ng CSH, Ho AMH, Lau RWH, Wong RHL. Chest wall reconstruction with MatrixRib® System – Avoiding pitfalls. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery 2014; 18:402-3.
- Ho AMH. A technique of placing cuffed endotracheal tubes through in situ paediatric laryngeal mask airways. Anesthesia and Intensive Care 2014; 42:330-2.
- Ho AMH, Wan S, Chung DC. Head-tilt-chin-lift in addition to compression-only CPR in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest by lay bystander. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2014; 186:1347-8.
- Chan SKC, Underwood MJ, Ho AMH, Wan IYP, Ho AK, So J, Wong RHL. Cannula malposition during antegrade cerebral perfusion for aortic surgery: role of cerebral oximetry. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 2014; 61:736-40.
- Karmakar MK, Samy W, Li JW, Lee A, Chan WC, Chen PP, Ho AMH. Thoracic paravertebral block and its effects on chronic pain and health-related quality of life after modified radical mastectomy. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine 2014; 39:289-98.
- Ho AMH. Factor eight inhibitor blocking activity for novel oral anticoagulant reversal. Anesthesiology 2014; 120:242-3.
- Ho AMH. Comment on ‘Anesthetists rather than anesthetics are the threat to baby brains’ Weiss M, Bissonnette B, Engelhardt T, Soriano S. Pediatric Anesthesia 2014; 24:224.
- Li X, Li JW, Ho AMH. Karmakar MK. Age-related differences in quantitative echotexture of the median nerve. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 2015; 34:805-10.
- Ho AMH, Critchley LAH, Leung JYC, Kan PKY, Su SW, Ng SK, Chan SKC, Choi YCG, Lam PKN, Wai JKM, Lee APW, Chan OS. Introducing final-year medical students to ultrasound imaging: Portable 2-D transthoracic echocardiography on a 2-week anesthesia module. Teaching and Learning in Medicine 2015; 27:307-13.
- Ho AMH, Holcomb JB, Ng CSH, Karmakar MK, Zamora JE, Dion PW. The traditional vs. “1:1:1” approach in trauma requiring massive transfusion should not be treated as a dichotomy. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2015; 33:1501-4.
- Ho AMH, Zamora JE, Holcomb JB, Ng CSH, Karmakar MK, Dion PW. The many faces of survivor bias in observational trauma studies on blood component therapy. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2015; 66:45-8.
- Mizubuti GB, Allard RV, Tanzola RC, Ho AMH. Transthoracic echocardiography should be taught during anesthesia residency – Pro: Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 2015; 29:1081-5
- Ho AMH, Go WL. An inexpensive, sterile, and disposable stethoscope. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2015; 43:135-6.
- Ho AMH, Chui PT, Lee ATW, Wan S. Apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2015 (in press).
- Ho AMH, Dion JM, Wong J. Airway and ventilatory management options in congenital tracheoesophageal fistula repair. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 2015 (in press).
- Ho AMH. Hemorrhagic shock after minor laparoscopic procedures. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 2015; 27:416-8.
- Walsh M, Whitlock R, Garg A, Legare JF, Duncan A, Zimmerman R, Miller S, Fremes S, Kieser T, Karthikeyan G, Chan M, Ho A, Nasr V, Sessler DI, Vincent J, Chrolavicius S, Teoh K, Ali I, Lavi R, Kramer R, Gardner J, Syed S, VanHelder T, Guyatt G, RaoMelacini P, Thabane L, Devereaux PJ. Remote ischemic preconditioning in high-risk patients undergoing cardiac surgery (Remote IMPACT): A randomized controlled trial. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2016 (in press).
- Ho AMH, Karmakar MK, Wan S, Ng SK, Chan SKC, Ng CSH. Local anaesthetic toxicity after bilateral thoracic paravertebral block for coronary artery bypass grafting. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2016 (in press).
- Ho AMH. Reducing Reducing finger cuts when opening glass ampoules. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care (in press).
Contact: Dr. Anthony Ho