Medical School: Queen’s University (2001)
Anesthesia Postgraduate Training: Queen’s University (2006)
· Cardiac Anesthesiology Fellowship – University of Ottawa Heart Institute (2007)
· Certification in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography (2007)
Clinical Interests: Cardiac Anesthesiology, TEE, Cardiac ICU, Transthoracic Echocardiography
· Undergraduate Clerkship Coordinator
· Residency Training Committee Member
· Cardiac Rounds Coordinator
· Call Schedule Coordinator
- Focused Transthoracic Echocardiography Training of Anesthesiology Residents
- The use of beta-blockers as an opioid-sparing drug in laparoscoic surgery
- Tanzola R., Milne B., Ventricular Tachycardia, 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult. Singh-RadcliffND (eds.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- Tanzola R., Milne B., Taquicardia Ventricular, 5-Minute Consult Anestesiologia. Singh-Radcliff ND (eds.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013.
- Mizubuti GB, Allard RV, Tanzola RC, Ho AMH. Pro: Focused cardiac ultrasound should be an integral component of anesthesiology residency training. J Cardiothor Vasc Anesth, accepted.
- Secretain F, Pollard A, Uddin M, Ball CG, Hamilton A, Tanzola RC, Thorpe JB, Milne B. A novel software program for detection of potential air emboli during cardiac surgery. Cardiovascular Ultrasound, 13:3, 2015
- Gerlach R, Mark D, Poologaindran A, Tanzola R. Cardiac rupture from blunt chest trauma diagnosed on transesophageal echocardiography. Anesth Analg, 120:293-295, 2015.
- Poologaindran A, Milne B, Allard R, Tanzola R. Use of a point-of-view camera and an Apple iPad as a tool to teach direct laryngoscopy. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, 61:967-968, 2014.
- Shyam V, Mohamed K, Zamora JE, Tanzola R. Asymptomatic stress cardiomyopathy following severe postoperative pain. J Clin Anesth, submitted.
- Arellano RJ, Nurmohamed A, Rumman A, Day AG, Milne B, Tanzola RC. Utility of point of care transthoracic echocardiography to confirm internal jugular guide-wire position. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, 61:340-34, 2014.
- Shyam V, Dossa F, Tanzola R, Ellis A, Engen D. Anaphylaxis Following Patent Blue Dye in Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping, International journal of perioperative ultrasound and applied technologies ( IJUPT) 2:30-31, 2013.
- Tanzola R. Book Review : Sonoanatomy for Anaesthetists. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 60:830-831, 2013.
- Gerlach RM, Saha TK, Allard RV, Tanzola R. Unrecognized tamponade diagnosed on focused echocardiography. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 60:803-807, 2013.
- Gerlach R, Tanzola R, Allard R. Intraoperative Diagnosis of Transient Pseudo-Severe Aortic Stenosis. Anesth Analg 117:30-32, 2013.
- Shum S, Tanzola R, McMullen M, Hopman WM, Engen D, How well are pre-booked enhanced care units utilized?, J Clin Anesth 25:202-208, 2013.
- Tanzola RC, Walsh S, Hopman WM, Sydor D, Arellano R, Allard RV, Focused Transthoracic Echocardiography Training in a Cohort of Canadian Anesthesiology Residents, Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 60:32-37, 2013.
- Arellano R, Nuromohamed A, Rumman A, Milne B, Tanzola R, Point of care transthoracic echocardiography as an alternative to transesophageal echocardiography to confirm internal jugular guidewire position, Canadian Journal of Anesthesia,59:103–104, 2012.
- Payne DM, Hamilton A, Milne B, Tanzola R, O’Reilly M., Intra-operative Diagnosis of Unroofed Coronary Sinus Following Aortic Valve Replacement, Annals of Thoracic Surgery 93:296-297, 2012.
- Tanzola R.C, Erb J., Endersby R., Milne B., Transesophageal echocardiography of pulmonary artery compression by benign follicular lymphoid hyperplasia. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 57:1042-1043, 2010.
- Tanzola R.C., Milne B., Hamilton, A., Transesophageal echocardiography of a dislodged left atrial appendage thrombus and its subsequent surgical removal during coronary artery bypass graft surgery. J Am Soc Echocardiograph 23: 1008.e1-1008.e3, 2010.
- Tanzola R.C., Allard R., Transesophageal Echocardiography of an Anomalous Circumflex Coronary Artery : Anatomy and Implications, Anesth Analg, 109: 1029-1031, 2009.
- Tanzola R.C., Allard R., Hamilton, A., Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography for an Intracavitary Left Ventricular Lipoma, Anesth Analg 108:786-787, 2009.
Dr. Tanzola may be contacted at: email@example.com