Research Committee Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference and Committee Membership
Terms of reference:
- To help promote the development and maintenance of clinically important, sustainable, externally funded, and transdisciplinary research programs relevant to the Department.
- To help promote research training of Anesthesiology Residents and, in appropriate circumstances, also of Undergraduate/Graduate/Postgraduate Students/Fellows as well as Departmental Faculty members.
- To help promote Knowledge Translation activities so as to maximize dissemination of research results from Departmental Research.
- To participate in ongoing review of the academic mission and strategic planning of the Department as they pertain to Research and Research Training.
- To participate in academic recruitment of Faculty, Staff and Trainees as they pertain to Research and Research Training.
- To participate in procurement and prioritization of research resources so as to optimally meet the needs of active Departmental research programs.
- To help provide peer review resources for new research programs and proposals
- GFT Member - Clinical Research Director/Supervisor of Nursing Research Coordinators/Supervisor of Departmental Research Facilitator
- GFT Member - Residency Research Coordinator/Annual Anesthesiology Research Day Organizer
- 4 GFT Members
- 1-2 Departmental Cross-appointees with a primary appointment in another Queen's University research department
- Departmental Research Nurse(s) and Facilitator(s)
- Departmental Academic Time Committee Chair (ex-officio)
- Department Head (ex-officio)