Leeds University, U.K.
Anaesthesia Postgraduate Training:
Welsh Calman Training Scheme (Anaesthesia)
2 Year Clinical Fellowship, Kingston General Hospital
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
- Difficult Airway Management
- Director, UGME Procedural Skills Program
- UGME Professionalism Advisory Committee (member)
- Curricular Council (member)
- Undergraduate Education Coordinator
- Education Committee (member)
- Competence Committee (member)
- Competency lead – Obstetric Anesthesia
Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Patterson LJ, Milne B. Latex Anaphylaxis causing heart block: role of ranitidine.
Can J Anesth 1999, 46:8 776 – 778.
2. Patterson LJ, Avery N, Chan P, Parlow J. The addition of fentanyl does not alter the extent of spread of intrathecal isobaric bupivacaine in clinical practice. Can J Anesth 2001, 48:8 768 -772.
3. Henry R, Patterson LJ, Avery N, Tanzola R, Todd D, Hunter D, Nickel JC, Morales A. Absorption of alkalinized intravesical lidocaine in healthy and inflamed bladders: A simple method for improving bladder anesthesia. Journal of Urology 2001: 165: 1900 – 1903.
4. Patterson LJ, D. Hunter, Mann A. Appropriate waiting time for non-cardiac surgery Views of Canadian Anesthesiologists. Can J Anesth. 2005, 52:4 440-441 (Editorial comment)
5. Patterson LJ. Ottawa Anesthesia Primer Book Review. Can J Anesth 2013 60:1282-1283.
6. Patterson LJ. Eleni Katsoulas, Amber Hastings, Anthony Sanfilippo, Melanie Jaeger. Longitudinal Assessment of Procedural Skills. Longitudinal assessment of procedural skills Medical Teacher Vol. 38 , Iss. 9,201.